One of the most common questions I am asked is: “How does it all work?”
I mention this briefly on our home page:
- Using modern technology I deal with emails, phone calls, and faxes from my own office, plus have meetings over Skype or other meeting facilities.
- Work can be transferred electronically, through recorded post or personal courier – I can easily meet people in central London.
- I work the hours you need when you need them – you don’t pay holiday, sick pay or coffee breaks!
- Mindful Business Services is responsible for all financial and legislative requirements, we are GDPR compliant in our data handling.
- You are protected by a contract, which shows that you are not my employer.
- While I work normal office hours, I will also cover evening and Sunday afternoon business meetings if necessary.
But for a more detailed explanation please read on.
These all presume that MBS picks up phone messages or uses a meeting specific phone; plus uses a shared access remote web based email address, diary and document storage system.
Each of these builds on the previous set of tasks. I’ve not given specific time for these examples, merely a rough idea – the amount of time taken per week would depend on how many clients and what sort of bookings there were.
- Meeting does most, MBS supports: I handle the emails and phone calls (checking three times a week) forwarding messages to a previously agreed list of people. I’d maintain the diary and relationships with the users. There might be some contract negotiation with new and existing hirers; however, I wouldn’t be actively marketing the building. The treasurer would handle payments, receipts etc. (1 – 2 hours)
- Meeting & MBS share work equally: Here with the agreement of Premises and the help of a liaison person I actively market the Meeting House as a venue. Arranging tours with the liaison person who would meet (or arrange for someone else to meet) prospective clients. I negotiate, draw up and complete contracts. Emails and phone calls would be checked daily Monday – Friday. Payments would be sent to the Treasurer by cheque or bank transfer and be entered onto a shared spreadsheet via Dropbox. (2.5 – 3.5 hours)
- MBS does most, Meeting supports: Bookkeeping – I maintain the Frank Sharman BYM standard cashbook or other finance package as agreed with the Treasurer. The Treasurer checks the bank deposits have been received and either forwards copies of the statement for reconciliation by me, or would reconcile the shared spreadsheet. Administration – I’d handle all negotiations for client contracts, and help produce a script of Meeting House facilities including features to mention during the tours. I would help update create and maintain marketing materials including website, leaflets etc. (3.5 + hours)
For all options a regular (weekly, fortnightly or monthly) review would be arranged at a time to be agreed. A report would be written for each Premises Committee meeting.
I expect to attend at least one meeting where an annual report would be presented, this can be in person or over Skype. The reviews and reports may result in extra time beyond that listed above, any extra time would be agreed before being worked.
These scenarios are just examples – I’m willing to agree variations with any selection of my standard services to be done within the hours agreed. If you would like to suggest additional services not listed do discuss this with me.
Any other projects would be dealt with on an as needed and agreed basis.
Email: Wendrie [at] MindfulBusinessServices [dot] com.
I look forward to hearing from you.