Financial management is something that all charities need.
Whether it is dealing with donations and gift aid, running buildings as venues for hire, dealing with long- and short-term rental and hiring charges, or some other combination of money and admin.
Mindful Business Services gives flexible administrative and financial services to a variety of small charities and non-profits.
All our bookkeepers are qualified to a minimum of AAT level 4, or the equivalent.
Charity Finance Options
Ad hoc and project work
All ad hoc or project work contracts start with an initial ten hour block paid in advance, as of 1st August 2023, charged at £33.00 per hour. Additional time may be booked in blocks or ad hoc as agreed.
- Financial and procedural review across the charity or organisation.
- Training in financial management, including training and support for treasurers.
- Consolidation of accounts (please note that we are not qualified to examine accounts).
- Migration of accounts to a new system, or the creation of a new system with training and support once it is set up.
Ongoing monthly retainer contracts
These longer term charity finance administration packages are all on a thirty day notice rolling contract, with a minimum of five hours per month charged at £31.00 per hour in advance. Any additional time worked will be charged in arrears the following month.
Examples of tasks:
- Bookings and room hire accounts,
- including liaison with hirers.
- preparing Quarterly Returns and end of year accounts.
- invoicing, bookings, credit control.
- Financial management – managing utilities, contractors, employees, payments as instructed.
- LM accounts – including signatory and payments if required.
- Budget creation – regular reports to LM
- Website maintenance and marketing support.
- Creation and management of a centralised document depository – Dropbox folder for all premises and finance documents.
- other admin tasks as requested.
Building management, including room hire business.
These days many charities who own premises hire out their building as a source of revenue. In addition to the tasks mentioned above, we offer integrated administration, marketing, website design, and management to help you work towards your ideal level of income and usage.
If you are looking for an efficient solution to hiring out your building we can help. We have systems and procedures that we have used with a wide range of clients, adapting them as necessary. If this is something you are interested in, why not read more about by clicking on this link?
Charity Finance Management
Are you are looking for a way to ensure that as a charity or organisation you are comfortable with financial matters, and are certain that the monies entrusted to you are safe and appropriately dealt with?
MBS is able to help with charity financial management at the Trustees level or for subgroups or branches. We aren’t able to give an estimate of the time required for these scenarios as it will depend on the number of groups, accounts, and transactions involved.
But to see some examples of what we do for other people click through to read the scenarios.
For all options a regular review would be arranged and reports would be written when requested.
We expect to attend at least one meeting where an annual report would be presented. This can be in person or over Zoom. The reviews and reports may result in extra time beyond that listed above; any extra time would be agreed before being worked.
These scenarios are just examples, and we’re willing to agree to variations of the standard services to be done within the hours agreed. If you would like to suggest additional services not listed, do discuss this with us.