All area meetings in Britain have been invited to nominate a Friend to participate in the ‘Reading Quaker faith & practice‘ conference at Woodbrooke, 22nd to 24th April 2016.
The conference will provide an opportunity to:
- Learn from one another’s experience of participating in the Reading Quaker faith & practice programme so far.
- Gain ideas and resources for setting up and inspiring groups in meetings.
- Share reflections and insights emerging from existing groups.
- Understand more about the origins, purposes and development of the current book.
The conference welcomes participants from all area meetings, including those which have not yet decided to participate in the Reading Quaker faith & practice project.
Every Area meeting is being asked to nominate a Friend or attender who has one or more of these qualities:
- is involved in an existing Reading Quaker faith & practice group
- is willing to promote the programme around the area meeting
- has a concern for spiritual learning in the area
- will be able to communicate with others about what they have learned
If you would be interested in attending the conference on behalf of your area meeting, please talk to your AM clerk or nominations committee. For more information about the conference contact: [email protected]
I have found the process of reading from a specific chapter and then discussing it with others (including members of my local meeting) such a benefit this year. Combined with my Qf&p journal it has been both inspiring and challenging.