R is for Responsibilities
Every Relationship has more than one side, as well as more than one set of rights and responsibilities.
Local Meetings may be used to reporting that they have at least considered the list of their responsibilities found in Qf&P 4.33 to Area Meeting. If a local meeting decides to hire out space to other groups it also comes with responsibilities.
There are various responsibilities linked to having a public building open and available to the public.
- Some are legal – like fire risk management or accessibility
- Others are good stewardship such as keeping the building in good order, or ensuring good security.
- Or make management of the building easier such as updating inventories and contracts
- You might consider customer satisfaction for example hirer management – ensuring that groups have are compatible to be next to each other.
- Community consideration – for example ensuring groups are respectful of the local neighbourhood when leaving.
What other responsibilities can you think of?
Has Premises ever considered such a list?
To browse through all of the posts click on the Quaker A-Z link here or in the side bar.